Churchie Club Nights
Churchie Club Nights are held every Wednesday afternoon during Term 4 and Term 1 of the School year. Club nights commence at 5.00 pm and children are asked to be at the pool by 4.30 pm to nominate for their event.
Each club night commences with a different 100 metre event each week. This is followed by a 25m event for the younger members or younger siblings of our more competent swimmers, and followed by a 50m event of the same stroke. The program alternates until all four strokes have been completed. This is a great way for youngsters to gain confidence, experience, and be involved within the club. It also provides a platform for them to progress to swimming a full 50 metres as soon as possible.
Starting Times and Order of Races
Events will commence at 5.00 pm sharp and the race secretary will determine which strokes and distances will swim on that particular club night and in what order – these may vary however but all 4 strokes will be swum each club night.
Races are organised so that regardless of age, children swim with others of comparable ability.
All swims start with the starters gun and race times are registered by the timekeepers and stored for club records.
The Club sets standards of behaviour so that all members can enjoy the activities provided. Parents are expected to attend Club nights with their children, not only to support their sporting aspirations, but also to ensure they follow club rules, particularly with respect to safety and behaviour.
As the Club is conducted on the grounds of Anglican Church Grammar School, the normal rules of the school will apply. The school requires that all swimmers wear a cap in the pool. Swimming caps may be purchased from the Club Merchandise officer as well as Club uniforms. It is a requirement of the club that ALL swimmers wear the club cap and current club t-shirt at all swim meets. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. Those swimmers who train at Churchie are required to participate at all nominated BSA/SQ meets throughout the season.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult to club nights
- Swimmers must not dive in the shallow end of the pool
- Swimmers must not run around the pool or play in the toilets/change rooms
- Children must stay within the confines of the pool area
- Children suffering from contagious illnesses (ie Diarrhoea, chicken pox etc) or who have open wounds are not permitted to swim
- There must be absolute silence at the end of the race
- There will be no smoking at any time on school premises
- If parents wish to speak with a swim coach, they should not do so during the swim/squad session. Please make an appointment with the coach at a mutually agreeable time. Any queries regarding coaching should be directed to the Head Coach.
Club Championships Program/Nomination Form
For the Club Championships Program and Nominations Form see the attachments at the bottom of the page.
Eligibility and Nomination for Club Championships
- To be eligible to compete in the championship events, a swimmer must be a financial member of the Club; and
- Have attended and swum at an Churchie club night or for the Churchie Swim Club in a BSA sanctioned meet prior to the closing date for nominations for the Club Championships.
- All nominations must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the staging of the Championship event(s). Late entries cannot be accepted under any circumstances.
- Under exceptional circumstances, nominations may be accepted from members who do not qualify as per the previous rules, but only after (and at the sole discretion of) the Championship Sub-Committee, which shall consider the relevant circumstances of each nomination.
- The Championship Sub-Committee shall be the Club President, Race Secretary and Club Head Coach.
- All swimming rules, conditions and standards shall, wherever practical, be the rules as currently applied by the Swimming Queensland.
Trophies and Awards
At the end of each season, the club hosts a “Presentation” event to award trophies to children in a number of categories.
- Age Champions – Based on the results from the Club Championships
- Coaches Awards – The coaches will award swimmers from each squad an “Encouragement Award” and a “Most Improved Award”. This will be based on the performances of the swimmers over the total season.
- Badge Program – Click here for complete details on our newly introduced Badge Program.